The sites of power that reproduce policing & prisons–substations, surveillance centers, offices, and more.
- APD East Substation: 812 Springdale Rd.
- This station is particularly important for the policing of the East side. This is also the site of APD’s forensics lab. As such, they may be extra defensive of this spot.
- APD North Substation: 12425 Lamplight Village Ave
- APD South Substation: 404 Ralph Ablanedo Dr
- APD Evidence: 4708 E Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Austin, TX 78721
- Austin Police Association Building: 5817 Wilcab Rd #7, Austin, TX 78721
- The Austin Police Association is APD’s police union, which has advanced a lot of reactionary copaganda and had involvement in campaigns such as the push to recriminalize camping. Note–Their website lists their board of directors meetings: https://www.austinpolice.com/
- APD Recruitment Center: 1520 Rutherford Ln #3, Austin, TX 78754
- Ken Casaday, President of the Austin Police Association: [See Here For Info]
- See details about previous actions people took against Ken Casaday: https://austinautonomedia.noblogs.org/apa-president-scared/
- APD TechniCenter: 4201 Ed Bluestein Blvd, Austin, TX 78721.
- UT Police Department: 2201 Robert Dedman Dr, Austin, TX 78712
- DPS HQ: 5805 N Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78752.
- This facility is also home to the Austin Regional Intelligence Center, a partnership between 19 law enforcement agencies with an emphasis on surveillance and intelligence sharing. Also known as a fusion center. ARIC was recently exposed by BlueLeaks for fostering a network of community intelligence operations, police informants, racist surveillance, and surveillance of protestors. See some of the recent Austin Chronicle articles on the subject: https://www.austinchronicle.com/aric-blueleaks/
- Texas Correctional Industries Showroom: 8801 S 1st St #100, Austin, TX 78748
- A facility that displays products for sale that were produced by prison labor.
- Texas Department of Criminal Justice:
- Central Administration: 209 West 14th Street, Suite 500
- Pardons & Paroles Board: 8610 Shoal Creek Blvd, Austin, TX 78757
- TDCJ building, including Victim Services: 8712 Shoal Creek Blvd, Austin, TX 78757
- Region IV District Parole Offices:
- 2101 E Ben White Blvd B, Austin, TX 78741
- 1616 Headway Circle, 1st Floor, Austin, TX 78754
- Travis State Jail: 8101 FM 969, Austin, TX 78724